Sunday, July 07, 2013

Crock Pot Baby Back Ribs

I have to admit something.. I've never really cooked meat before.. I've attempted to cook chicken, but it was always bland and super nasty, even I wouldn't eat it. My goal lately is to cook better and add more meat to our meals. Most of the time we eat extremely poorly with little to no meat.
Today for our Sunday lunch I decided to have my try at ribs! Never in my life would I have thought I'd be making ribs, especially out of a crock pot!! It took a couple hours to cook, but it turned out delicious and super tender! The meat just fell off the bones. Yum yum.

So here's my rendition of the recipe!

2 lbs baby back ribs $7.64
1/2 the bottle of Kraft Original BBQ Sauce $1.00
2-3 Tbs brown sugar (already had)
Steak Seasoning to taste (already had)
Total cost $8.64

Directions - 
Rub steak seasoning and brown sugar on ribs. Place in Crock Pot with the meat side facing outward. Pour half the bottle of BBQ Sauce over ribs. I rub the BBQ into the ribs a bit. Cook on Low for 4-5 hours. Occasionally spoon the BBQ sauce back over ribs.

Side dish - Broccoli Salad (Originally got the idea from Rob's mom!)

1 head of broccoli
1/2 green pepper
1/2 red onion
3/4 a block of cheese, cubed
1 cup mayo
3 Tbs white vinegar
1 Tbs sugar

Directions - 
Cut up all veggies and cheese and place in bowl. In another bowl, mix the mayo, white vinegar, and sugar until smooth. Pour on top of veggies and mix. Place in fridge until cool.


I bought these at Wal-Mart

After the seasoning, sugar, and BBQ sauce was poured on.
After 4 hours of cooking.






Viola!! Delicious!!!

1 comment: