Saturday, July 06, 2013

Avocado Salad Dressing

Rob and I are trying to get on the some what healthy path once again! I'm going to stop cooking such fattening foods, and start cooking more meat and veggies. I truly love my veggies, but it's just a lot more work to actually cook healthy. So I'm going to be on a mission to find some quick healthy dinners on the cheap! Can't wait to share them with you guys!

I'm going to start taking salad to work instead of sandwiches. I'm trying to cut out breads and dairy as much as possible.. I love ranch just as much as the next person, but it's sooo fattening and makes me feel like I spoiled the healthy meal I just had. I decided to make an Avocado Salad Dressing today in prep for my salads for lunch.



What you need:
2 small-medium avocados
1 small jalapeno - remove the seeds
1 lime - for the juice
1 cup Low fat Buttermilk
1/4 cup Light Mayo (I actually didn't use it)
Salt to taste. I used a dash


Directions : 
Throw all ingredients into your blender and puree. I chopped up my jalapeno. **Tip - when juicing the lime, cut the lime in half and poke holes into the skin with a fork to allow it to juice easier** Like I said, I didn't use the Mayo but that's what the original recipe called me. I tasted fine to me without it.


The final product!! Such a pretty color!! This is going to go great with my Southwestern Salad.

Makes 2 pints

1 comment: