Saturday, February 23, 2013

Healthy Meal | Yum Yum

So this is officially my first healthy meal. My grandmother gave me several Kraft Food Magazines when I first moved out on my own, and I have yet to make anything out of it. Surprisingly there are quite a few healthy meals in here. They just typically use their brands in the recipes, which obviously, as cheap as I am, will refuse to do! I shop at Aldi for most of my foods, except for meat and some vegetables. They have limited items, but for all of the basic ingredients I buy them at Aldi.

For this meal, I found my recipe in the Winter 2007 edition.

Saucy Stir-Fried Pork
2 cups White Rice (I used brown rice, for the healthier option)                   ($1.09 for a box at Aldi)
1/4 cup Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing (I got mine at Aldi for 1/2 the price)     ($1.29 at Aldi)
1 lb. pork tenderloin, cut into thin strips (I used half a pound)                      ($7.99 at Kroger)
2 cups snap peas          ( I just used fresh green beans)                                ($0.49)

Items I didn't use .
1 c red peppers sliced.
3/4 c green onion
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp. corn starch
1/2 tsp. ground ginger

Total Amount Spent:     $ 10.86 for a serving of 2... but it's going to make me and Rob two meals.

I paired this meal with a home made peach tea. Yummm.






No comments:

Post a Comment