Saturday, January 12, 2013

Update | Chiro and Savings

I haven't been on my blog in a little while because I've been in some excruciating pain lately. I've had a pain in my right leg for about 4 weeks now, and even though it was getting slowly better I decided to go see a Chiropractor. I went in on Wednesday night and my doctor hooked me up to an electro therapy machine for about 15 minutes. We took some x-rays after and she showed me that the bottom part of my spine curves off to the right, and it also rotated to the right. My pelvic bone is also 10 mm shorter on the right side. She explained to me that I have SI joint dysfunction. Afterwards she did some small adjustments to my back, which included popping my back and using a had-held machine that she pushes up my spine and it just clicks. Not a big deal. But then the next night I was in extreme paint. Out of a 1-10 I was an 11. I couldn't stand at work long, and had to ice my back, doctor prescribed.
I went back for a second appointment Friday morning. I came 30 mins early and the receptionist hooked me back up to the electro therapy machine for 15 minutes. When the doctor came in she took me back to her office, asked how much pain I was in, and did more adjustments. Right after she advise that now I ice it and put moist heat on my lower back, and do some stretches. I didn't even see her but 10 minutes and she never explained what stretches. So all day at work I was in very very bad pain. When I got home I was in so much pain I couldn't sit or lay down. Level of pain : 14. I was in tears. My foot went numb, and turned red. Orginally the pain was only in my upper leg, now it's travelling down to my foot and into my lower back.


I'm not entirely sure I should go back or not. I think she diagnosed me correctly, but I'm in more pain than before. I heard mixed reviews about the pain. Some say it's going to hurt everytime I get an adjustment since she's trying to put my spine and hip back in the right spot, but others say to get another opinion. I can only use 20 visits in this calendar year. I've already used 2 (for my insurance.)

What to do...what to do....


But of course, I never miss a deal! Whether I'm hurt or not, glade can't get cheaper than this. I got a few of these, and some Air Wick candles for 70 cents.


No comments:

Post a Comment