Saturday, September 14, 2013

Shop 'Til Ya Drop

Today was one of the better Summer Days, though it's actually Fall, we are still hitting the high 90's in Texas. Today, however, was a beautiful 75 degrees and slowly rising back to the low 90s. I took full advantage of this and went to Starbucks to sit outside and read. :) The hard part: picking out which book to read. I have 'Managing Up' that I am reading for a work assignment on, obviously, how to manage up instead of down. Most people wouldn't think managers don't need to be managed, especially if they OWN the business, but this is solely the purpose of my job. It wasn't at first but it's turning out to be. I'll post more about that in the following week with my BIG news :) A few people have heard the hints, but I'd like to keep it secret until I know for sure.
Anyways, so I am reading a book for work, personal, and then for my book club. I would have to have I'm 3/4 of the way through all of them. Since each book is completely different, I'm not having a hard of time keeping the stories separate as I thought. It'd be better hard to imagine a true story (such as managing up: teaching you how to organize and run the CEO) uniting with a vampire story.
"As I was sorting Jack's papers this morning, the phone rang. Jack wanted the morning scoop on how our stocks were doing. All the sudden a Vampire burst through the door and attacked me, drained me of my blood, and now... I am vampire too."
Yeah.. not gonna happen!

I decided to finish my book for work, since I am hooked on it now, and then off shopping I went. As a cheap person, it was Ross and Marshall's.  I did amazing at Ross. I bought 5 pieces for $32. I then went to Marshall's, found an gorgeous dress that I could wear in Spring or Winter (obviously a winner), only bad thing.. here it goes... twenty dollars.... My typically limit on an item is roughly around $12, but if it makes sense on multiple occasions, and it's a design and fit I won't find again, I have to snag it up. I came out spending $65 at Marshall's. I think I heard my stomach hit the floor and quickly checked the receipt. It was correct.. here's the wonderful outcome though!

Marshall's - $20

back

Lucky for me, I wear a B cup, so I practically never need to wear a bra.
More photos to come of the rest of my finds.

No comments:

Post a Comment