Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Birthday Wishes

The Big 2-4!

July 29th I celebrated my 24th birthday!

It's crazy to think back on my younger years and how much mess I was into. Growing up was awesome at the time, but now it just sucks. Bills, Rent, insurance, IRAs, having responsibilities.. no one wants any of this!!!! Go away maturity. Sometimes I wish I was like Benjamin Button. At 24 I'd start cycling back down in years stopping right at 16 and then growing old until I hit 24 again. Just a big loop cycle. Such a lovely thought. 

Enough of the depressing stuff! On to the gifts!

I was able to have a full birthday weekend since my birthday landed on a Monday this year. I got to catch up with one of my best friends, Claudia, see The Conjuring (scary movie by the way), and the big get together was at Top Golf with a couple people from the college years. Unfortunately no pictures were taken at Top Golf, but I must say, even drunk I still make my golf balls in the hole!

I have an amazing family and family to be. They all got me wonderful gifts.

 
My Diamond Candle - Love Scent



I have been dying to get a Diamond Candle. These are the neatest thing ever. In every candle, there is a ring instead, each worth $10, $100, $1000, or $10,000. I know most are probably $10, but it's the excitement of finding out what kind of ring you received! I was lucky enough to find a ring that I love!


My ring from my Diamond Candle!

My Lovely Grandmother-in- law (To be!) saw a previous post on my blog about all these appliances I want and need for my kitchen. I received this amazing Grill and Panini Press. Funny story is, I received a random Amazon box at work. We actually buy things from Amazon a lot, but it's always tech related. When I opened this and saw an indoor grill inside, my mind started wondering who in the world at my job thought we needed a grill for our break room?? And what are they planning on cooking on their 1 hr lunches?
I sent out a mass message asking if anyone order something from Amazon, not saying what it was of course cause I wanted them to fess up. My boss later asked if someone sent this to ME for my birthday. I immediately texted Rob's mother, and sure enough, it was a gift! But I am soo excited to finally have one of these for my own!!



One of my most favorite gifts is this serving set I got from Edie, Rob's mother. It's totally up my alley! I love the print, the colors, and everything about it. I wish I had better photos. 



All in all, I had one of the best birthday's yet. I really appreciate all the gifts, cards, and birthday wishes from everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you had a good birthday. Love the ring. E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like the grill. Since it was "anonymous" that added to the intrigue (even if it wasn't intended. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete