Monday, August 26, 2013

Why Won't They Go Away?!?!

Every time my face is almost clear of pimples, 15 decide they want to just pop on out! These aren't the good zits either, these suckers hurt! I feel like I have tried and tried for so long to get rid of them, and purely washing my face 2x's a day or more doesn't work. Does anyone else have as bad as a problem as I do??
They all seem to cultivate on my chin and jaw area. Maybe every now and then I'll get one on my forehead, but it isn't so bad. I'm plunging full in to get rid of these zits and making some drastic changes in my life!

My terrible pimple problem. :(
Ever wonder why you get pimples in the same spot? Each section of your face is related to a part of your body that isn't functioning normally. So when you see these pimples come out, especially in specific areas, there's a reason for it. I keep seeing these Face Diagrams every where. It shows you exactly where your problem is.
See Below:


Since my acne problem is in my chin/jaw area, my problems lie within my kidneys and bladder areas. Many sources show the same symptoms. Part of me already knew my hormones are completely jacked up. Maybe it's from the years of taking birth control? I don't recall ever having so much acne on my face. Ever.
So as I'm doing research on acne related to kidney functions, here's what I found:
Chin and Jaw
Acne
  • Reduce the habit of eating before bed
  • Eat more fresh fruit and vegetables
  • Get more rest
  • Get your hormones checked for imbalances
  • Get 20 minutes of exercise each day
  • Sleep early and wake up early, getting at least 7-8 hours of sleep each night
  • Reduce stress as much as possible (yoga, meditating, listening to music, writing in a journal, etc.)
  • Massage your body for relaxation, particularly the abdomen
  • Practice proper hygiene
  • Check toothpaste, mouthwash, and chapsticks
  • Drink spearmint tea
  • Take omega-3s to help regulate hormones
http://www.skinacea.com/acne/acne-face-map.html#.Uhvg-humiaU


I know I need to get healthier with my food, so this is going to put fuel to that fire. I need to completely cleanse my system of all this junk I intake; eat more fruits and veggies, drink tons of water, stop using toothpaste (I'll get to that in a second!), no more coffee, sodas, or salt, and cut back on sugar products, meaning no more sweet tea!! Southern Women can NOT live without their sweet tea!!!

Here's what I've started to do to fix my looming problem:

My morning routine starts by washing my face with this great stuff. Dampen face, and apply! Gives you a nice clean feeling after.
Equate AM Refreshing Face Cleaner
 **Make sure all your face wash is oil free**
At night when I take my showers, I wash my face with soap to get all the dirt and makeup off, and then apply this. I've been using both of these for a couple months, but lack consistency. As of yesterday, I apply this with an exfoliating rag. 
Equate Oil Free Face Wash
 This is a face scrub, which is very important in my face routine apparently. I just got this yesterday along with the exfoliate rag. I apply this after the one above using the rag again. The rag is supposed to scrub off the dead skin from your face (my chin) which allows all the pimples that sit under the skin for months on end, to finally come out and go away.
Neutrogena Face Scrub

Exfoliating rag. Just has texture.
 Another major issues I read alot has to do with your toothpaste and mouth wash. You need to find a toothpaste without SLS as an ingrident. This is one of the causes of breakouts. After you brush, make sure to wash your chin area. My solution: Baking soda. It tastes like.. disgusting, but my mouth does feel cleaner. If you mix the baking soda with Hydrogen Peroxide, it helps to whiten as well ;) my tip of the day ha.
Brush teeth with baking soda!
I'm going to be trying this out for a month or two and see if I have any progress!
I would love to hear any success stories with getting rid of pimples if anyone has any!

1 comment:

  1. Drink lots and lots of water, and no carbonated drinks, or greasy foods, along with a good cleaning routine. Try not to over scrub if you have sensitive skin,as it will make it worse. Water, and lots of it to get rid of impurities. E

    ReplyDelete