Sunday, March 02, 2014

Fresh Flowers and Meal Preps

Rob and I's day started off pretty great! We stopped by the grocery store to get some items so I can start meal prepping for my healthy lunches every Sunday. This is going to be something I stick with each week.
Every since Valentine's day I have been keeping fresh flowers in our apartment. It makes the place smell so amazing. I can smell them from the couch!
 
 
I made these eggs Saturday morning and plan on starting every morning with these, then have an apple at around 9am when at lunch. This way I stay full all day and then I can have my prepped lunches.
Just eggs, salsa, and green onions.
 


I also made some roasted green beans for a snack to take to work. I made these last night. Next time I am not using olive oil! It just made them floppy instead of crunchy like I was going for. They were still good, just covered in oil.
1lb green beans thrown on a pan. Topped it with olive oil and garlic salt. Cooked in the oven at 350 degrees until brown.
 
Now for the prepped lunches!!
I made boiled eggs, baked chicken and baked broccoli. 

This was 2 lbs of chicken and just a rub I picked up.
I really suck at cooking meat.. but this came out pretty good.
I took the chicken and rinsed it off.. then poked holes all in it and covered the chicken with the rub and some water.Stuck it in the fridge for 20 minutes and then baked at 350 degrees until cooked through. While this was going on, I boiled some eggs and then roasted some broccoli. I seasoned the broccoli with some garlic salt and drizzled a tiny bit of olive oil.. Turned out amazing!


So my idea is this:
7:00am Breakfast: 3 eggs with salsa and green onions
9:30am Snack - apple
12:00pm Lunch - meal prepped lunch above
5:30pm workout
6:00pm small recovery drink
7:00pm dinner.. probably not healthy but I will cut back on portions.

Let's see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment