Monday, March 17, 2014

Weekend Glimpse | St. Patty's

This weekend was St. Patty's Day weekend. Each year in Dallas they have a huge St. Patty's parade that begins early in the morning and then continues at the local bars. Rob and I have never been, and really don't plan on it. We aren't huge drinkers and I'm always worried about the drunk drivers/traffic on this big event. So we celebrated in a different way. Of course I wore green (not shown in picture), and then we stopped to get Lucy, our English Bulldog, an Irish treat.
 
Always taking the car pictures haha
 
Lucy's Irish Treat
 Then on Sunday, we had to make a quick trip to Austin for a funeral (on Rob's side). Though it didn't go as planned, we still made a great use of our "quality" time together. Once thing I wish we could have done more of, is made stops along the way to sight see. But, we were on a time crunch with my pup at home. So I took a few quick photos of our day.

Rob can never take a serious photo! Drives me crazy.
 While on our way down to Austin from Dallas, there is literally nothing but SMALL towns. We couldn't find a single place to eat since everything is closed on Sundays. I guess that's how they do it in the small towns.
We did, however, run across this place below.. I though it was quite strange. It's a Mc D's, hotel, gas station, and Grandy's all in one. It was right off the highway, with nothing else in site. *scary* haha.


Another goofy picture of Rob.
 I eventually had to start taking Selfie's since Rob wanted to ruin every photo. I guarantee when we get older and I pull out the photo albumn... this will be every single picture... Me trying to be pretty... and Rob.... haha
#Selfie
 We made a pit stop on the way back in Hamilton, Tx (??) for something to eat. We had to drive for a couple hours to find something besides a fast food place. I decided to do some creeping while sitting there waiting on our food.
 
This was the lady behind Rob haha.

 This restaurant said they were known for the Chicken Fried Steak and their Rib Eye. Well, they were out of their Rib Eye so Rob and I opted for this. Little did we know how massive this was and probably could have split this meal. I definitely think they need to reevaluate what they are famous for. This CFS wasn't good AT ALL. It was extremely "fried", way too crunchy, without any flavor at all. I think they just put some batter in some fresh grease and served it. The onion rings were amazing, once I peeled all the crunch off of it. Maybe this food didn't sit well with us since we both dislike greasy/fried food. The starter salad was the best part. Maybe that's what they are famous for ;)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment