Sunday, March 30, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up

This weekend has been such a wonderful weekend for me.
Last week we started our new budget for the year to pay off our credit card debt as well as save money for the wedding. The cost of having a wedding is crazy expensive. It's so hard to have the magical day be so beautiful when on a budget, but being my frugal self.. I will find a way.
 
If you read my last post, you will see that we now have a limited 'Dining Out' and 'Entertainment' budget. I didn't want us to be like we were before.. having no fun and being stuck eating in all the time. I gave us a $15.00 a week dining out budget. When Rob first viewed it, he was shocked that it was so small. I know this might seem like a tough budget to meet and that we might be eating fast food on these days, but that is just not the case. Groupon and Living Social have so many great offers for eating out and I found one of them.
 

On our way to our engagement shoot!
I found this great Living Social deal a couple days ago. I got $20.00 worth of food for only $10.00. I think I paid $1.16 for tax or overages. I stayed $3.84 under budget! Woohoo.
I think this is something that Rob and I will do every Sunday. No only will we be saving money since we usually spend $30 on Sunday, but we will also be trying a ton of new places!
This little pizza café is actually right around the corner from where we always shop. We've just never seen it before. And, I have to say, was pretty amazing.

Palio's Pizza Cafe



Cheesy Garlic Bread - Palio's Cafe

Might Meat Pizza - Palio's Cafe
 
We actually took our engagement photos in the morning to get that sun rise look. I had the time of my life. I actually have to say I am very happy with myself. I have been facing a lot of challenges with getting this session right, and I have been continuously looking at it with an optimistic view.
We originally had this session booked for 2 weeks ago. I was watching the weather and it was supposed to rain the entire day.. from 8am to 9pm. Then on Saturday, it didn't even rain until 2pm and it was the PERFECT setting that morning. I was a little bummed, but I had more time to prepped. Time seemed to slip past me when this date came up.
We rescheduled (to today) and my alarm never went off. I was supposed to wake up at 5am so I  had enough time to get ready.. I woke up on my own at 10 past 7 and freaked out. I should have already left the house at this time! Rob and I bth got ready in 40 minutes flat! Curled my hair, ironed clothes, took care of the dog and gathered my props.
I put my makeup on in the car and lucky me, spilled makeup all over my white dress! no bueno! Once that happened I realized I forgot my second dress!
Oh my goodness, what a morning.
I decided to forget the troubles and focus on the fun we were going to have. Our photographer is amazing. Rob knows him from college, and this guy is just so nice and encouraging. Even during our awkward moments he knew the right things to say. He's definitely doing our wedding!
 
Here's a sneak peek!
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment