Saturday, March 15, 2014

Proactiv

The last time I posted anything regarding the acne on my face was back in November (click to read). If you've read along, I've been trying a couple different things along the way. Just using straight Proactiv didn't work for me.. Then switching to using a face cleaner and the Step 3 of Proactiv worked a little more... but I still wasn't happy with the way my face was looking. I just want the super clear skin without any painful acne.

 I finally got a science down to this acne though! Though everyone's skin is different, I think this could benefit a lot of people dealing with the same issues.

I always take my showers at night so I can just hop out of bed for work.. It takes me about 30 minutes in the morning to get ready by cutting out my shower time and drying my hair.
In the shower I take a bath towel with a scruffy side to it, put a quarter amount of facial scrub and wash my face for about a minute. I initially started doing this since Proactiv dried my skin out so much and left my skin extremely flaky. It was completely embarrassing going to work looking like I had some cookie crumbs or dried up milk on my face. ;)

As soon as I get out of the shower and dry my face I dip a q-tip in alcohol and rub on my face. Doing this right after the shower allows you to directly dry the acne and bacteria while your pores are still open. Once I do that once or twice and let dry, I put Proactiv Step 3 on my acne. I use moisturizer when needed..

Then, in the morning, I take the alcohol again and rub on my face once.

This  has resulted in beautiful skin! This is purely my opinion but I couldn't be happier with the results!


No comments:

Post a Comment