Wednesday, November 13, 2013

A Twist on Ham

Last week when I went grocery shopping I picked up an already cooked ham. It was only $7 and it was large enough that I knew I could make several meals out of it. This is one of the key things I look for when shopping is how to get more food for my buck, and how to make one item longer than one meal. Of course most would think this is obvious, but we tend to forget to look for these deals.

I've already used the ham a couple times for breakfast. Just slicing it up and putting in my eggs.

Here are two other meals for using ham.

Ham Mac and Cheese
Probably one of the most unhealthy meals ever. I literally just mixed a bunch of random stuff together, but it turned out pretty good!

The Broccoli Mac and Cheese is a BirdsEye Steamer. I was worried it would taste pretty gross, but it actually tastes like normal mac & cheese.
Add in the ham, and topped with Stove Top Stuffing. Viola. - Non-healthy, delicious food.

 Ham and Broccoli Salad
Broccoli Salad is one of Rob's favorite side dishes. You'll probably see me making this alot. I got the idea from his mom who makes the best side dishes ever! This just happens to be one of the easiest dishes to make.

For the broccoli salad just mix together all of these ingredients:
1 head of broccoli
1/2 chopped red onion
1/2 chopped green pepper
1/2 chopped cucumber
6 slices of bacon
1 TBS of white vinegar
1 cup mayo
1/2 a block of cheddar cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment