Friday, December 13, 2013

Decorating the Apartment!

On Black Friday, Rob and I went shopping for a new couch. I was tired of having futons just because they were cheap. Our latest one only lasted 2 years. After drunken friends sleeping over, the dog being on it, and the general wear and tear of it the couch finally gave out. Well,  it still could have lasted longer, but all I felt were the boards coming through the cushion.

I finally got Rob on the same page about buying a new one. I got my way by getting him a leather recliner that he's been dreaming of. Lucky for me and our wallet we got the recliner at a very cheap cost!

We bought them both at Ashley's Furniture. I've been dying for a charcoal couch for so long with a thick fabric on it. Ashley's had a really nice one for only $650. I originally wanted a couch from Crate & Barrell so this was a steal by far!

Of course my phone camera is terrible and never shows the true color... The blanket on the couch is actually a blue mint color

Couch - Ashley's Furniture - $650
Recliner - Ashley's - $400
Mint throw - Ross - $8


Then of course I went to Michael's to get some paint for my new DIY project and got trapped by their 70% off Christmas items. I found a gorgeous vase I wanted, and I wanted to fill it with Christmas floral that can actually be used all year around. Here what I found for my side table.
By the way, I am using a tv stand, but will updating it until we get a house and have more room for an actual end table.

Each of these insert pieces were $0.49 - $0.89.. Amazing!

Originally $30 and I got it for $8 at Michael's!

Candle's and an elephant!!

Vase - Michael's - Originally $30 - on sale for $8
Floral pieces - Michael's $0.49 - $0.89 each
Candles - Ross - $4 each
Elephant - Ross - $8.00

Of course there is still A LOT of work to do.. It's a slow work in progress and I am decorating for my new home in July, not for my apartment right now. So I will slowly be gathering pieces I know will work in my new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment