Sunday, December 01, 2013

Starting Fresh

I have been begging Rob for several months now to get a washer and dryer, a new living room set, and some other things in life just to up our comfort in our apartment. I've been wanting all of these things, but at the same time I wanted to wait until we purchased a home in July (8 months). At this point, we might have to post pone our house purchase an extra year just so we can save up quite a bit more for the down payment.

Since we discussed waiting on the home, I decided to just get a new couch. We have an ugly futon that I purchased for $100 which was just supposed to last us until we got a home. That's been 2 years now. I can tell you it just doesn't even want to last any more. After all Rob's frat buddy coming and passing out drunk on it and breaking the legs and us ghetto fixing it... and then the dog... it's just time for something new!

Of course I've done my research on Pinterest and Houzz.com but nothing has screamed out "me" yet. I did know I wanted a gray couch. The only trick now is to keep the dog off.
Rob's been dying to get his own leather furniture. He really wanted it all in leather, but that is just one fabric I hate. You stick to it in the summer, which is 9 out of 12 months here, and  then it's super cold during the other months. We agreed that I'd get a fabric couch and he could get a leather recliner. We found an amazing deal during the holiday sales and got his recliner that is typically $800 for $300 and my couch which is usually $1100 for $650. Not bad!

Our new couch!!

Random photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment