Sunday, December 01, 2013

DIY: Scuff Remover

Rob and I bought our new Camry not even 3 weeks ago and we already have a huge scuff on the back bumper! It doesn't help that the car is white.

Rob was so upset he wanted to take it to the dealership to have them remove the scuff but I am way against blowing money when we can do it ourselves. We just needed to do a little research on our own and see if we can do any at-home remedies before we give up and take it in.

I found a YouTube video that really isn't worth posting about since it was less than 2 minutes and I can write it just as well as seeing it.

Basically I got my toothpaste and my bag of cottonballs and went outside to the car. It was pretty cold outside so I am not sure if this affects anything....

Take a nickel sized amount of toothpaste on your finger and spread it over the scuff mark.

I didn't let it sit. I immediately took a cotton ball and started wiping away at the tooth paste. I did use a little elbow grease in order to really get it off and I did have to repeat the process a couple of times on some smaller areas.

Most of it came off immediately. The YouTube video suggests using a buffing machine, but I didn't have that. Elbow grease works fine ;)

Before

After
Now of course we still have some scuffs left and some of that is just dirt from driving around and not washing the car. But the 3 darker marks I wasn't able to get off. I'm sure if Rob used his man muscle it would come off..

I think that this process is amazing for not costing me a penny!!

No comments:

Post a Comment