Sunday, January 12, 2014

Bridesmaid Proposal

It's been three weeks since Rob proposed to me right before Christmas. Right away I knew who my bridesmaid's were going to be. My only problem was, Rob was having 7 groomsmen, and I only had 5 girls I wanted. So I did some research to mend my hurt feelings since Rob wouldn't back down on his number. Apparently having an odd number in your wedding party isn't so uncommon. With the research I did, I decided to get a little creative. My first two bridesmaid's will have a groomsmen on each arm, then the next 3 will just walk with a single groomsman.

For the last 3 weeks, I have been planning on how to ask the girls to be my bridesmaids. I didn't want to give any hints out until I did my big surprise that they were even being considered. I decided to do boxes, to hand out and ask the girls in a special way. Here's what I put in my boxes.

Mini Champagne Bottles
Champagne Flutes
Customized BM's shirts
Special Notes that go over the specifics of the wedding.


Originally my colors were going to be white, black, and gold. But then I changed my colors because the venue didn't work out. Which is fine now, since we found the perfect venue. It's so cute and quaint!
Now we are doing spring colors. Since I have my 3 colors at first, I was making all the BM boxes in those colors. So I just had to go with it lol.
I bought all my boxes "storage boxes" from Michael's during a 50% off sale the day after Christmas. So I got them all for $2.50 each. Then I bought gold scrap paper to put in the lids to give a little bling. They came with the note cards, so I spent a total of $17 on the boxes. Not bad :)

The beginning

The end result of the box! I customized them with their names.

I  used the existing cards and wrote special messages to each girl.

The final boxes!

My Customized shirts. They loved them!!

Drank

For my flower girls. Same concept.

Flower Girl boxes.

Flower Girl Boxes/
 I went to dinner last night with all of my girls, except one. She didn't make it cause she got engaged that night! Me and the girls had a blast. Some of them haven't met before, or met briefly, but after last night I know I made the best choices. They all get along so well, and they all agreed to wear whatever I choose for them on dresses lol. I couldn't ask for more supportive girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment