Sunday, January 19, 2014

Now that Rob and my wedding is only 13 months away, and we are trying to stick to a $10,000 budget we are really having to crack down on our spending. The last several months I have done really bad. I quit focusing on my bills and set them all up for Auto Pay. I let Rob handle everything, and started couponing. Not to mention it was the holidays.

Rob and I sat down last night and went over all our credit cards, our spending habits, and our savings/investments and we realized we have been eating out way too much. I think I became really lazy and thought that because we had credit cards, we had money. Obviously I know better, but it's biting us in the butt now.

Last week if you noticed, I am going back to cooking the majority at home. Of course we will still get out every now and then (mostly Sunday mornings), but I really need to get it together!

I created this great Excel Spreadsheet for monthly budgeting. This spreadsheet actually calculates a percentage of what we have spent that month. I am going to keep a brief registry in the spreadsheet off to the side, and then on a separate tab I am going to create a credit card pay off sheet.

Here's a glimps of our new budgeter.


I have also taken away all of our credit cards and only left us with our Bank of America Credit Card since we get rewards back on that. Our plan is to pay off the highest accruing interest card first, and work our way down. Most of our cards are still within the first 6 months of no interest, thank goodness.

Hopefully this helps us pay things down since our big day is coming!! We need to get it together. Check back in a couple months for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment