Monday, January 20, 2014

Since recently starting back on my super budget, I have already seen a major change in our eating habits.
We have been eating out a lot less and I've been getting back into cooking and making quick meals.

Last night I didn't actually cook anything. I just stuck some premade stuffed chicken in the oven and added a salad, but it was still a delicious meal!

I shop at Aldi, so most of the items I purchase are 30% cheaper than Kroger or Wal-Mart. Also, they do have fewer product options, but if you can get creative with your meals then this is the place to shop!

Cordon Blue Stuffed Chicken with a Side Salad
I can't say this was a super healthy meal since the chicken is premade.. but we did have a huge salad that covered half our plate!
Chicken $1 ea. Salad $2 total
A $4 meal!

And there's enough salad left do repeat tonight.

After dinner I sat down with my planner and wrote out a dinner plan. I'm still going off my "eating from the pantry" idea I posted about last week. So I made a grocery list of the basic items to add to my already existing food.

I came out only spending $63.98 for two weeks of breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I'll probably end up going back for more milk or bananas but that's it!

Grocery List

Tonights receipt!

I ended up buying a little bit extra than intended since I left my list in the car! 

But $130 a month in groceries will be a lot more managable than just $220 in eating out lunches alone!!!
Can't wait to see our debt decrease!!


No comments:

Post a Comment