Monday, January 27, 2014

Chicken Spaghetti

Now I know most people have probably grown up eating Chicken Spaghetti. This was my favorite meal growing up, and it was the only thing my mom could make from scratch! haha :)

I see this meal all over Pinterest these days, which is crazy. I thought my mom was clever in coming up with such a recipe!

After making this meal for Rob, and him hating it, I've had to find creative ways to make this work. The one thing he always complained about was how spicy I made it (I LOVE spicy foods), and the fact that I used Cream of Mushroom. I honestly haven't made it in a year or two just for the fact of Rob's disgust with it. I could probably eat it several days in a row... which is what we usually do since I make so much of it.

Here are the ingredients of the previous Chicken Spaghetti:
Noodles
Boiled Chicken (gross)
2 cans of rotel
2-3 cans of cream of mushroom
1 box of velvetta cheese, sliced and placed on top
Mix it all together and stick it in the oven!!

My new recipe that Rob LOVED!! I'll say it again... LOVED!!
He told me 4 times before finishing it how amazing it was. And really, I didn't change much. It's amazing how well this boy's taste buds work.

Ingredients
Noodles (Not specified since I usually make too much)
1lb chicken, grilled
1 can of rotel
2 cans of cream of chicken
1 can cream of mushroom (I snuck it in)
12oz of shredded cheese.

Directions

While the noodles are boiling on the stove, and I am grilling my chicken on my nifty indoor griller, I empty all the other ingredients into a large casserole dish.


Rotel, Cheese, and cream of "things"
I mix it all together before I add the chicken and noodles to make sure I have an even coat in the end.
Once all that is mixed well, I add my chicken and noodles in and mix it again.
Top it with a little more cheese for super cheesy-ness.

Chicken Spaghetti
 And Viola!! Easy Peasy..

Warning: This might be too cheesy for most.
I think I would add more rotel next time for that extra kick!!

No comments:

Post a Comment