Sunday, May 26, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

It has been such a gloomy weekend here in Dallas! It's been raining and cloudy all weekend long!

All this gloominess has been putting me into the mood of getting healthy again. Being healthy in my eyes, isn't necessarily about being thin, it's about feeling amazing on the inside. I'm slowly getting to that point already, and it's only been two days. Now that it's summer, it's pushing that drive to be healthy even further. I've been begging Rob to get up early with me so we can hit up Arbor Hills Trails in Plano. The trail is about 2-3 miles depending on the different loops and trails you go on. Yesterday we didn't go because it was supposed to rain all day. It ended up only raining at 5 o'clock. So we hit up the Allen Outlet Mall instead, and literally went into every store. Yay!! Most of the stores had 50% all items for the big memorial day sale. I got some great casual blouses for work so I'm not always having to wear our Callaway golf shirts.

Saturday we went to Chic-fil-a for breakfast (which doesn't help with my healthy meal plan). But they actually had something relatively healthy. Oatmeal and a fruit bowl. I am not big on oatmeal at all.. I actually hate oatmeal. I can never make it taste good, and the premade flavored packets are disgusting. I figured I would try it anyway, and man was it amazing. It was probably one of the best oatmeals I've had, and that is bad coming from a fast food place.

BTW: I got a new phone so it takes the pictures in a really tight frame.

Cinnamon and brown sugar oatmeal with nuts and dried fruit, a bowl of fruit, and a yummy vanilla coffee

And this, my friends, is why America is so unhealthy. Oh, and there was about three more behind us. Apparently the family rented them out.
 Sunday morning, we finally got to go to Arbor Hills for a walk/run! It was great. Even though my legs were sore from it, I feel a million times better and healthier. We walked about 2 miles and stopped at a look-out tower. It might have been a cloudy day, but the weather was so nice and windy. It felt great!

Rob and I stopped at Einsteins to get a Power Bagel before our walk. It has some kind of nut in it, and cranberry raisins. I had a honey almond shmear and Rob had peanut butter. Yum yum.

This is the look-out tower at Arbor Hills. It was a very peaceful morning. Rob and I just stood there to listen to the wind and the birds.

Add caption


No comments:

Post a Comment