Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Ronald McDonald House

Growing up in the country, I wasn't given many opportunities to volunteer and do charity work. I didn't think I would like it, and hardly knew it existed. I would definitely say I grew up sheltered from all the potentials of the city life. Rob and I have only lived here less than two years, and I'm starting to learn a great deal more about the world and myself.
The franchise I work for, Glass Doctor, has been involved in some charities and I am just so excited about it. Last year they donated over $13000 to the Ronald McDonald House. That's super amazing! I want to continue our work with them for the long run. Currently the RMH has "I Share the Love" fund raising going on. All you do is purchase a shirt, and the money goes towards providing a home away from home for families with sick children in the Dallas hospitals. I was so excited when I got everyone in our company to purchase one!
They're shirts are really nice, and have the logo on it, with all the sponsors on the back. I'm really hoping to get us signed up with Meals that Heal with RMH. We would go in one night and cook for all these families. It truly makes me grateful that I can give up some of my time to help these families out during their tough times.


Have you ever volunteered before? Where was it at and how was your experience? 

We volunteered at the homeless shelter before, and I didn't really like the experience there.

3 comments:

  1. I am soooo glad you love you're job. They are very fortunate to have someone with your talent working for them! Edie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am absolutely thrilled that you are interested in volunteering!!!! As you probably know, Grandpa and I work regularly at a food bank, and it really gives you a different prospective on life, and you would be great cooking for the folks going through rough times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! I read about you two doing things all the time on facebook. It amazes me how much you do in your community! I can only hope to get to that point! I'm signing my company up for Meals that Heal with the Ronald Mcdonald house in October so we can go cook a meal for the families staying there. So excited

    ReplyDelete