Sunday, May 19, 2013

Taste of Addison Weekend

Rob and I had a packed weekend! It seems the closer summer comes, the less time we actually get to relax at home. I don't mind though :) 

I had the veggie omelet. 3 egg whites, mushroom, spinach and peppers. Some fruit and an English muffin.
Saturday we started off our day with trying out The Egg & I. We always see this place and never have gotten around to actually trying out their food. I have to say for how packed it always in with lines just coming out the doors every Sunday, it wasn't that amazing. I think Rob and I will stick with Einstein's or Original Pancake House!
Rob had extra cheesy eggs, ranch potatoes, toast, and bacon!

The next couple of months Dallas will have a ton of festivals in all the different cities. This weekend was Taste Addison.
Rob and I went last night and spent over 4 hours there just trying out all the different foods and roaming through the local artist's tents. They actually have two big artists play last night. The first was Sister Hazel and then Blue October came on after them. We definitely enjoyed ourselves!

Ice Shavings with strawberries, kiwi and something else, which was gross.

La Madeline white chocolate drizzled strawberries

Other foods we tried were Fried shrimp rolls from Best Thai, some beer from Flying Saucer, and stuffed potato balls. The best thing we had was Fogo de Chao's steak. oh. my. gosh. Amazing. We stopped at this old fashioned Soda Pop stand. We bought this bad-a mug, and tried all the different flavored drinks where you get to pull the lever to turn the fountain on. It was pretty cool.

As we were roaming around through the tents, I cam across the ceramist that makes all these amazing mugs. I thought of my dad when I saw this and had to get it for him! The handle is bone - pretty incredible the amount of detail in this piece. She currently sells her work off of etsy. Give it a look!!




Last but not least!! The Dos Equis stage, where we got to see Sister Hazel, Blue October, The O's, and Prophet  and Outlaws.
Listening to the O's




No comments:

Post a Comment