Sunday, October 20, 2013

Paleo Meal: Pot Roast

Okay, this meal might not be 100% paleo, due to the sauce, but most of it is. Now that it's Autumn I really have been wanting to make some comfort foods, which is a huge craving of mine constantly. Since I recently started couponing, as well as paleo, it's obviously been difficukt to find paleo type foods. That's why this one isn't 100% paleo.

Last Saturday I went couponing for the first time and found major deals. One of the major deals was the Campbell's Slow Cooker Sauces. I had never even heard of these before, and that's probably because I do not shop at larger grocery stores. So I went to Target to get these slow cooker sauces for FREE. They were usually 2/$4 and I scored both free.

I finally was able to try out the Tavern Poy Roast Sauce, and I'll simple say it turned out phenominal.

Ingredients
2-3 lbs of Boneless Beef Chuck
1 packet of Slow Cooker Sauce
3 stalks of Carrots
1 lb of fresh Green Beans
10 Red Potatoes, halved

The meat was a little pricey, but that is because I purchased it at Target.


Place meat in crock pot and pour sauce over it.

Chop up the veggies and add them in.

Chop up the veggies

Place everything in crockpot. Set of low and cookfor 7-8 hours.

Pot roast

My little helper. Loves her some green beans.

Final product!
 This meal turned out amazing. I was skeptical of the sauce,but this was our favorite meal by far! And it was my first time making pot roast. Go me!!

Rob gave this a 5 star.

No comments:

Post a Comment