Thursday, March 14, 2013

Books!

I've been reading a ton lately, and have also started a book club with some people I work with. I've been wanting to read more about some mental disorders. I've always had a fascination with psychology and even wanted to go into it during my college years. The book that I read was based on Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD). It was actually pretty amazing to read, and to understand the way some people think, and how the brain really can alter peoples thought processing. I think eventually I will get the books on the other Clusters of personality disorder.



The book that we just finished for our Book Club was "Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness". This was also about brain processing, and how if you thing goes wrong up there, millions of things can change in your personality. I definitely suggest it as a good read. It also helps to open your eyes to possessions as well.

The next book we are starting in my Book Club is my pick "When Rabbit Howls". This book is about a lasy with multiple personalities. I've already read it twice and can't get enough. Now I am introducing it to a new group of people! This is definitely not like "Sybil". Apparently that book was a hoax, but I promise this one is not. It actually a pretty amazing book.

And the best for last!!! This series I have been working on for awhile. I bought the first book of the series several months back from Half Price and loved it. I immediately went and bought the second, but unfortunately only got 30 pages in and then the holidays came. No time for anything! Rob bought me the Nook for Christmas, so now I have no excuse :)
This series is by Lauren Kate. It's the Fallen Series. The second book I just finished and read in 2 DAYS!! A, because work was dead and B, it's amazing. It's such an easy read too. I've read it's kind of like Twilight, so if you were into that I guess you'd be into this. I never got into that whole scene. I thought Twilight was super retarded. But this book is amazing. It's pretty much a teen romance novel, based on Angels and Demons in battle. Pretty cool. I'm now officially on the 3rd book of the series. Apparently a movie will be coming out soon. 




No comments:

Post a Comment