Friday, June 14, 2013

Caffeine Migraine

I just want to start out this blog by saying that I am sorry I haven't been posting as much as I would like, or as I have done in the past. With this new job I am very busy all day, and sitting in front of the computer trying to figure out witty comments and posts for our social media sites. By the time I am off, I am running for my car door and racing home to melt into my lovely couch. And as all ladies know, once we get home and that bra gets taken off, I am no use anymore. Removing the bra just screams freedom for me!!
Men just don't understand.

I'm still loving my new job. It's slowed down this week, which has it's pros and cons. I was getting very over whelmed with all the stuff that was being thrown on my plate. I had major project to accomplish which have been, but now we are just making tiny changes as we move forward with these projects. Also, our accounting girl is moving to Austin and working from home, so I will be helping her out a lot more now. I was stressed because at the time I already had so much to do, I didn't think I could handle the extra paperwork she was going to be giving to me. Looking at how slow this week has been though, I'm craving the extra work load! And like ever job I have, I constantly worry about what my co-workers think about my job performance, but mostly what my boss thinks about it. Even though I meet with my boss from time to time, I never get the feed back on my performance entirely. Today, he definitely put a little bit of confidence in me. He told me he was proud of me and the work I have done. He doesn't need to worry about the tasks he has given me, he has gained faith in me that these will be done without him breathing down my neck (thank god lol). But mostly he's glad when I prove him wrong, because he knows he's hired the right person.

I have always talked to my previous employers about how they thought I was doing and if they thought I needed improvements.. usually I just got the "no, your fine" talk, but this has definitely made me feel more secure in my job and knowing that I went back to the right career path. 
I'm surrounded by negativity, as we all are in every aspect of life, but I think now that I am truly happy, I'm seeing myself not care about how negative people are around me, and I don't let them effect me and my mood like I have done in the past. I hope that everyone can find the balance in their life to stay positive in any circumstance, even when every one complains, and it's so easy to fall into that, and gossip.

1 comment: