Saturday, June 08, 2013

Date Night #1

I've been in a grumpy mood the last few days, and Rob wanted to surprise me with a reservation to a sushi bar! A couple years ago, we had our first sushi, and I was literally in the bathroom throwing up from it. It just didn't sit right with me. But our friends Andre and Andrea introduced us back into a couple months ago, and I fell in love with it. Anyways, this was our second time going, and I can't say how much I love sushi. So many flavors you just don't get with American food anymore. One of our favorites is shrimp tempura, usually with cucumber and avocado..

Left: Crunchy Shrimp Tempura. Was had two rolls of this it was so good!
Right: Tiger Roll. Very spicy....

This one was by far the best, and prettiest. I've never seen sushi like this before! The bottom was crunchy.. "Water Lilly" with crab meat, cucumber, avocado, and some other stuff.
One of the funniest moments happened last night too. I wish I had it on video! Rob opened up his chop sticks packet and broke his chopsticks apart.... one fell from his grasp and when he went to grab it, he hit one end and it went flying back over his head and landed on someones plate. That's my baby.. always knows how to make me laugh in a bad mood..... even if he didn't mean to do it.

1 comment:

  1. Too funny! Want to try some sushi sometime. Mom D

    ReplyDelete