Sunday, June 09, 2013

The Perfect Weekend

Sometimes all you need out of your weekend is to spend time with your hunny just relaxing! Friday, Rob and I went and had sushi, which was amazing and I've been craving it ever since. Yesterday Rob and I got up early to go for our weekend walk/run. Unfortunately we were only there for 30 minutes, versus 1 hr like usual. BUT! We actually ran through some of the back trails, which are gorgeous. I told Rob we were gonna pretend like we were in the Hunger Games and run from our killers. I gotta get motivated some how!!

Gettin pumped!

Rob and I have been stuck on The Tudors. It's a really exciting, dramatic show about King Henry and his 6 wives. It's one of our favorite shows. I decided last minute that we should have a medieval meal, and watch The Tudors. Soooo... I made a bread bowl and put some hearty soup in it. I didn't make the soup! Just heated it up lol. I made the bread though....
I made the bread from our bread machine - thanks to Edie!

Scoop out all the bread.

Yummy! I couldn't finish it all.. soo..mucch..food
This morning, we actually slept in until 9 haha, there's a first time for everything. I woke up and make Rob and I some blueberry pancakes. I am trying to cut back on fatting stuff a little bit, so I've been eating mine without the syrup.  Rob had like 7 pancakes though.


I don't know if this is just because I am from the country, or because my family never cooked at home growing up, but today I just had my very first Nectarine. It's probably my new favorite fruit. It tastes like peaches, but soo much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment