Monday, June 17, 2013

I Like Pina Coladas...

...And getting caught in the Rain...

Rob and I had a great weekend for Father's Day!
Saturday I started off the weekend by once again laying out in the sun!! Got my Fiji water and my nook.

So, I had bought this maxi dress last summer  and fell in love with how comfy it was. After a couple washes, it shrunk and now I flood in my dress! I decided to turn this maxi dress into a maxi shirt! It literally took my 3 minutes. Thankfully, I already had elastic on the waste part, so all I had to do was cut off the top and turn in the loose end.


My new maxi skirt!


Saturday night Rob took me out for another sushi date. He's the best boyfriend EVERR!
We had a Spider Roll and some Shrimp Rolls. $3 each babyyy! and of course some .50 beers. YES


$3 shrimp rolls

On our way to Rob's mom's house. Tried out the new Arnold Palmers
Rob knows how to ruin some good pictures lol!


Trying to look cute. Thanks Roberto
 NOW!!! For the end of today's blog!
I made this Sunday at Rob's family's house and it was the best thing ever. It was literally gone in under 30 minutes! I literally hate anything coconut, but this was super delish!

Pina Colada Dip!

1 Pineapple
1 box of strawberries
2 Peaches/ Nectarines.
1 box of coconut pudding mix
1 can of pineapples
Total Cost: $7.50


Directions
1. Follow the directions to make the coconut pudding, then mix in some juice from the can of pineapples.
2. Place in the fridge to set while completing the dish.
3. Cut the pineapple long ways down the middle, and cut out the inside, leaving 1/2 inch to 1 inch edge.
4. Dice up all the pineapple into cubes, as well as the strawberries, and peaches. 
5. Place hollowed pineapple in center of plate, and surround by fruits.
6. Add the pudding to the center. Serve and eat!!


This dish got everyone talking!! Usually I'm the one asking Rob's mom and grandma for recipes and advice on how to make certain foods, but it's nice when I can share a dish with them and they go crazy over it. For only learning to cook in the last 2 years, I think I'm well on my way to be an amazing cook!!

2 comments:

  1. Well on the way! Thanks for sharing! Mom E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a hit! I'm sure we will be sharing YOUR recipe now!!!!

      Delete