Monday, April 22, 2013

$2 Meals and Under

It doesn't get much better than only spending $2 on a meal! All this was store bought unfortunately. Next week I'll actually be "cooking". I've just been taking it easy and super cheap since I'm transitioning between jobs and paychecks. 

Anyway...

2 pot pies : $0.79 ea. = $1.58
1 box mac and cheese : $0.39 
Total meal cost : $1.97

Awesome!!
You can find my receipt and food calendar here - 


Last night, I made grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner. My poor bread just torn as soon as we put the butter on it! I also ran out of spray olive oil, so my bread stuck and ruined it more. This is the end result.
Ham, cheese, and bread we always keep on hand for lunches
tomato soup : $0.59
Total meal cost : Probably under the $2 mark




Our Breakfast yesterday morning:
3 eggs - $1.75 for 12 = $0.45
1/2 pack of bacon = $1.02
Total meal cost : $1.47

No comments:

Post a Comment