Monday, April 15, 2013

Job : Day 1

New Job.

Day One.

Survived.

I started my new job today as an Administrative Assistant. I used to do this back in college a year and a half  ago, but I've been stuck in the banking world for a little bit. I finally got a chance to get back into, without having a super complicated position. I knew going in what I didn't want from a job. I think I found the perfect fit.
So today I went in at 8 a.m. and literally wasn't in the office for two hours. I went off to take my drug test, and then I got to go shopping for a desk for myself. I was given a list of requirements and was off to find the desk to fit my needs for a month before I get my permanent desk back. It went by fast. I was very busy and am trying to catch them up on all of their invoicing and filing. Unfortunately it's taken several hours to scan everything in, and at the end of the day I was told it was done wrong, and I have to start all over tomorrow. Yippie. That happens when the person who was in the position before quit 2 weeks before you came in.
Oh well, lesson learned :)
As far as the people go, they all seem great so far. But it's just day one.

I'm very glad I'm back doing what I love. 
Since Rob started him promotion not too long ago, now we share all our weekends together, where as before, we never knew when we were going to have a day off together.

Everything works out for the best. Sometimes it just takes time an patience.

I couldn't imagine being anywhere else in life, or with anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment