Sunday, April 14, 2013

Mid April Food Budget

I went to the grocery store with a budget of $30 for two weeks worth of dinners and some lunch items. I ended up spending $6 over. This is only because I picked up some extra items that weren't on the list {milk, coffee, coffee filters}. Other than that, I stuck to my preplanned list for two weeks. Below is my recipe with the amazing low price, my menu calendar for the month, and my April Budget so far.

I made several edits to the list during the month. This last time I had to cut down some of the pricier items, since I'll be taking a hit in my last pay check from the bank {docked vacation hours}.
I plan out each meal for the weeks until my next pay check, configure the prices for each day ( and usually I like to make them last two days, for one price, and then at the end of the week (as you see in the right margin) the end price for that week. As you can see, my end price was $24 but I always give room for wiggle room in case my pricing was off, or like today, I get those extras. I'm skimping on the meals this week, because every dollar counts right now, until I get back on track with my paydays.


Here is my receipt for today. I love when I can leave the store without making a mark on my pocket book.


Here is a look at my budget so far. I like to sit down once a week and go over all the bills in my head, even if it's not time to pay them. It's just a simple reminder to stay on track and not go crazy.
I got paid a little extra... I think because I cancelled my health insurance, and I know there is something else but I can't think of it lol.
I'm super excited, because I get to start saving again. I'm trying to save $400 a month at minimum. So far I took out $377 to pay off my credit card, but I am putting $320 in this month. **Getting out of debit is savings people!** I actually think somehow I'll be able to save $100 more. I'm not sure where my calculations went wrong either before I paid bills, or after. IDK. Hopefully I didn't just mess up tonight, and I'll actually get that extra in savings. 
[I like to put my extra change in there.. you'd be surprised how that change adds up quickly to $10. Ten bucks is ten bucks people!]



No comments:

Post a Comment