Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pasta Night

I'm not saying I am an extravagant cooker, but I can make an amazing Alfredo!  All my meals are store bought, I don't have time or money to invest in clean eating or making things from scratch. From time to time I do try it, and hopefully when we decide to have children I'll be able to make some fresh foods. I also really really want to make a garden in my home. Rob's mother has one in her yard, and it is definitely on my wish list!! So as on now, it's store bought products for us! I'm not complaining though! It's effortless, simple, and cheap! Especially when people are on a tight budget. Fortunately, thanks to Rob, we won't be like that anymore, but my true instincts still say "save, save, save!" Cheap at Heart. lol

Tuesday I made Stuffed chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, and corn. I wish I could make stuffed chicken at home, but I don't have one of those meat pounders yet. It is on my list!! I tried it one time, and tried to get creative with some stuff - - sauce pan, plate, aluminum foil and punch it. Nothing seems to flatten that sucker!!! So I threw the ham and cheese on top, still delish!!! {I'm so lazy lol}

Stuffed chicken : $0.99 ea. (2)
Mashed potatoes [ box] : $0.30
Half packet of gravy : $0.20
Can of Cream Corn : $0.49
Total Meal Cost : $2.97     

 I already had some stuff, so I just bought the corn and gravy this week. Bravo Me.



Yesterday I made simple Alfredo. It's actually lasted us two nights. I didn't think that was going to happen, so that is great. And I love my pastas. All I need is the sauce, noodles and cheese.. nothing fancy
Noodles [1 box] : $0.99
Alfredo Sauce : $1.69
Cheese [1/3 packet] : $0.99
Garlic Bread [1/3 box] : $0.56
Total Meal Cost : $4.23 {$2.12 per night}


These might be simple easy meals that anyone can do, and most probably already do make these, but a lot of people don't realize that this is how I save so much money! This is why I only spend $18 a week at the grocery store. All that extra money that I don't spend at the store, either goes to savings or I can spend a couple bucks on myself. 

Once you start saving, it gets addicting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment